Built: over 11 years ago
Size: 2.55 MB
Home page: http://djvulibre.djvuzone.org/
Summary: DjVu viewers, encoders and utilities
DjVu is a web-centric format and software platform for distributing documents
and images. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders faster, looks
nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than competing formats.
DjVu was originally developed at AT&T Labs-Research by Leon Bottou, Yann
LeCun, Patrick Haffner, and many others. In March 2000, AT&T sold DjVu to
LizardTech Inc. who now distributes Windows/Mac plug-ins, and commercial
encoders (mostly on Windows)
In an effort to promote DjVu as a Web standard, the LizardTech management was
enlightened enough to release the reference implementation of DjVu under the
GNU GPL in October 2000. DjVuLibre (which means free DjVu), is an enhanced
version of that code maintained by the original inventors of DjVu. It is
compatible with version 3.5 of the LizardTech DjVu software suite.
- a standalone DjVu viewer based on the Qt library.
- A browser plugin that works with most Unix browsers.
- A full-fledged wavelet-based compressor for pictures.
- A simple compressor for bitonal (black and white) scanned pages.
- A compressor for palettized images (a la GIF/PNG).
- A set of utilities to manipulate and assemble DjVu images and documents.
- A set of decoders to convert DjVu to a number of other formats.
- An up-to-date version of the C++ DjVu Reference Library.
List of contributors:
- NMU: Rebuilt with browser-plugins-npapi.2008-11-26 Evgeny Sinelnikov 3.5.21-alt1
- update to new release - clean spec for obsolete macroses - fix filesystem intersections2008-01-27 Evgeny Sinelnikov 3.5.20-alt0.1
- update to new release