Built: 2 months ago
Size: 88.2 KB
Home page: http://commons.apache.org/launcher/
License: ASL 2.0
Summary: A cross platform Java application launcher
Commons-launcher eliminates the need for a batch or shell script to launch a
Java class. Some situations where elimination of a batch or shell script may
be desirable are:
* You want to avoid having to determining where certain application paths are
e.g. your application's home directory, etc. Determining this dynamically in
a Windows batch scripts is very tricky on some versions of Windows or when
soft links are used on Unix platforms.
* You want to avoid having to handle native file and path separators or native
path quoting issues.
* You need to enforce certain system properties.
* You want to allow users to pass in custom JVM arguments or system properties
without having to parse and reorder arguments in your script. This can be
tricky and/or messy in batch and shell scripts.
* You want to bootstrap system properties from a configuration file instead
hard-coding them in your batch and shell scripts.
* You want to provide localized error messages which is very tricky to do in
batch and shell scripts.
List of contributors:
- fc27 update
- new jpp release
- unbootstrap build