Built: over 1 year ago
Size: 22.8 KB
Home page: http://www.zdziarski.com/projects/mod_evasive/
Summary: Apache 2.x evasive module to minimize HTTP DoS or brute force attacks
mod_evasive is an evasive maneuvers module for Apache to provide
evasive action in the event of an HTTP DoS or DDoS attack or brute
force attack. It is also designed to be a detection and network
management tool, and can be easily configured to talk to ipchains,
firewalls, routers, and etcetera. mod_evasive presently reports
abuses via email and syslog facilities.
Detection is performed by creating an internal dynamic hash table
of IP Addresses and URIs, and denying any single IP address from
any of the following:
- Requesting the same page more than a few times per second
- Making more than few concurrent requests on the same child per
- Making any requests while temporarily blacklisted (on a blocking
mod_evasive could be easly integrated with firewalls and routers
for maximum protection.
List of contributors:
- mod_evasive24.c adopted to apache-2.4 API
- rebuild with apache-2.4
- NMU: rebuilt for debuginfo.
- Initial build for ALT Linux Sisyphus