- Backported upstream fixes for CVE-2015-8325, CVE-2016-6210,
- Updated to 7.2p2 (security: fixes xauth command injection).
- Updated to 7.2p1.
- Updated to 7.1p1.
- Updated to 6.7p1-29-g51b64e4.
- ssh-agent: fixed unintended socket removal (closes: #30029).
- Updated to 6.6.1p1 (fixes curve25519 KEX portability).
- Updated to 6.6p1.
- sshd: applied upstream initialization fix (CVE-2013-4548).
- ssh-keygen: updated fix for #24682 to libcrypto >= 1.0.1 (closes: #28850).
- Relaxed runtime OpenSSL version check.
added sftp-server extra arguments support (closes: #28306).
- sshd: updated systemd support: merged ssh-keygen.service into
sshd.service, dropped sshd@.service and sshd.socket.
- Applied upstream fix for ssh -W with ControlPersistssh (bz#1943).
- Fixed %triggerpostun exit code on dumb terminals.
- Updated to 5.9p1 (closes: #19085).
- ssh-keygen: forced use of SHA1 for large keys (closes: #24682).
- sshd: added systemd support (by Alexey Shabalin; closes: #25617).
- sshd: enabled UsePrivilegeSeparation=sandbox by default.
- sshd: deprecated AuthorizedKeysSystemFile*.
- Updated to 5.6p1.
- Enhanced AuthorizedKeysSystemFile documentation (closes: #21843).
- Renamed openssh subpackage to openssh-common (closes: #21603),
reintroduced openssh as a virtual subpackage.
- Rebuilt with libcrypto.so.10.
- Rebuilt with libaudit.so.1.
- Added sshd-allow-groups and sshd-password-auth control(8)
facilities to control appropriate parts of sshd_config.
- Moved all control facilities to -server-control subpackage.
+ added a commented out AllowGroups directive for control(8);
+ reverted previous change related to PasswordAuthentication.
- Enabled sftp by default.
- /etc/pam.d/sshd: Changed to use common-login.
- sshd_config: Disabled PasswordAuthentication for "wheel" group
members (imz@; closes: #17286).
- Updated to 5.3p1.
- Enabled kerberos support (Evgeny Sinelnikov; closes: #18183).
- Added audit support.
- Updated to 5.2p1.
- Added support for setting PermitEmptyPasswords in a Match block.
- openssh-askpass-common: Packaged as noarch.
- Updated to 5.1p1.
- sshd: In key blacklisting, distinguish public keys and host keys.
- sshd: Implemented support for RSA/DSA key blacklisting
based on partial fingerprints.
- Updated to 5.0p1.
- Updated to 4.7p1.
- In ssh-agent and ssh connections multiplexor,
show command line of requestor process (#12209).
- Parametrized sshd process name in startup script.
- Built sftp with libedit support by default.
- Added summary to sftp control script.
- Updated to 4.6p1.
- Reviewed and updated patches (see git changelog for details).
- Changed PermitRootLogin parameter to "without-password".
- Updated Ciphers parameter to prefer strong ciphers.
- Changed SyslogFacility parameter to "AUTHPRIV".
- Changed Protocol parameter to "2".
- Enabled Send/Accept of locale environment variables by default.
- Added CHANGES and README.ALT documentation files.
- Rebuilt due to libcrypto.so.4 -> libcrypto.so.6 soname change.
- Backported upstream fix for a bug in the sshd privilege separation
monitor that weakened its verification of successful authentication
- Backported upstream fixes for:
+ sshd connection consumption vulnerability
(CVE-2004-2069: low, remote, active),
+ scp local arbitrary command execution vulnerability
(CVE-2006-0225: high, local, active),
+ sshd signal handler race condition
(CVE-2006-5051: none, remote, active),
+ CRC compensation attack detector DoS
(CVE-2006-4924: low, remote, active),
+ client NULL dereference on protocol error
(CVE-2006-4925: low, remote, passive).
- Applied RH patch to plug several sftp memleaks.
- Rebuilt for new style PAM dependencies generated by rpm-build-4.0.4-alt55.
- Applied patch from Owl to sanitize packet types early on.
- Added delayed compression support for protocol 2
(patch from Owl which is in turn backport from openssh CVS).
- Removed verify checks for sshd_config which is under control(8).
- Fixed sftp control facility and added help (#8536).
- Relocated helper directory (#8565).
- Backported fix for rcp directory traversal bug (CAN-2004-0175).
- Build with openssl-0.9.7d.
- Backported UT_LINESIZE fix (#3980).
- Included the buffer and channels memory reallocation fixes from
http://www.openssh.com/txt/buffer.adv (2nd revision).
- Reviewed all uses of *realloc(), resulting in four more fixes
of this nature (Owl).
- Corrected startup script to honor $EXTRAOPTIONS in check mode too.
- Fixed scp return status
- Fixed memory allocation error in buffer_append_space.
- Removed explicit kernel dependence.
- Backported from CVS:
+ copy argv correctly to fix potential restart after SIGHUP
+ replace deprecated VerifyReverseMapping option with new
option, UseDNS (Owl) (CVE-2003-0386).
- Updated to 3.6.1p2.
- When we know we're going to fail authentication for reasons
external to PAM, pass there a hopefully incorrect password to
have it behave the same for correct and incorrect passwords (Owl).
- PAM configuration policy enforcement.
- Added nodelay option to pam auth method.
- Rewritten start/stop script to new rc scheme.
- Changed /etc/pam.d/sshd to use tcb authentication explicitly.
- Added back the now more complete patch to always run PAM with
password authentication, even for non-existent or not allowed
- Tell pam_tcb to not log failed authentication attempts when a
blank password is tried (blank_nolog) as this is attempted
- Updated to 3.6.1p1.
- Updated faq.html to 2002/04/03 and removed openssh-closing.txt.
- Updated Owl patches to 3.6.1p1-owl1.
- Updated ALT patches.
- Merged upstream patches:
- Dropped patches:
- Reworked patches:
alt-socketcred (due to privsep)
- Added control(8) support for sftp subsystem and disabled it
in default configuration.
- Dropped upgrade support from ssh-server. No need to bother.
- Built with libpam_userpass.so.1.
- Backported ssh-add from 3.5p1.
- Backported ssh-agent from 3.5p1.
- Moved ssh-keysign to separate subpackage.
- Package x11 and gtk passphrase dialogs separately. Keep common
passphrase dialog infrastructure in -askpass-common subpackage.
- %post: Execute "service sshd condreload" on upgrade (#0001756).
- app-defaults/SshAskpass: Fixed file permissions (#0002068).
- ssh-keygen: Fixed default key length (#0002097).
- Merged Owl changes:
* Sun Jul 28 2002 Solar Designer
- Install the packet_close() cleanup for the client as well.
* Sun Jul 07 2002 Solar Designer
- Install the packet_close() cleanup for root logins as well (which are
not privilege separated because that wouldn't make sense and thus were
handled by a different code path which I initially have missed).
* Sat Jul 06 2002 Solar Designer
- Re-initialize logging after calls into PAM module stacks, make use of
log_reinit() where the original code needed that kind of functionality.
* Fri Jul 05 2002 Solar Designer
- Re-enable the password changing code (disabled in 3.3p1 and 3.4p1) for
non-privsep case, disallowing any forwardings (such that the session may
not be actually used while still not changing the expired password).
- Limit three of the cleanup functions to apply to just the proper sshd
processes, make sure session_pty_cleanup() happens before packet_close().
* Tue Jul 02 2002 Solar Designer
- In the PAM conversation, queue any text messages appearing in initial
login mode for printing later, similarly to what the original code did.
This is needed to pass password expiration warnings on to the user.
* Sat Jun 29 2002 Solar Designer
- Keep the /dev/log fd open and only close it before executing other
programs, to enable direct logging from chrooted child processes.
- Build with -lwrap dynamically.
- Initialize the resolver before chroot (Kevin Steves).
- Added zeroing out the written-to pages on mm_destroy (Owl).
- 3.4p1 (with ChallengeResponseAuthentication fix).
- 3.3p1 (with privilege separation), updated our and Owl's patches.
- If MAP_ANON|MAP_SHARED fails (is unsupported on Linux 2.2), fallback
to using SysV shm, and, if that fails too (SysV shm is a compile-time
kernel option), to MAP_SHARED with sparse and unlinked swap files. (Owl)
- Set chroot for privsep user to /var/empty, added /dev/log there.
- startup script: added new targets: check, condreload.
- 3.1p1, updated our and Owl's patches.
- Disabled restricted_forwarding patch (use "permitopen=" option instead).
- Fixed %triggerpostun script.
- Set more strict versioned libssl requires.
- Placed /etc/openssh/moduli to server subpackage.
- Added /etc/X11/profile.d/openssh-agent.sh to client subpackage
(for xinitrc >= 2.4.6-alt1).
- Updated buildrequires.
- Fixed channel code error (marcus).
- Fixed /etc/openssh/authorized_keys* permissions (0750 --> 0751).
- Fixed server subpackage dependencies (openssl --> libssl).
- Fixed startup script: use "/usr/sbin/sshd" instead of "sshd".
- Fixed reload with incomplete argv (#0000503).
- Removed pam_lastlog from /etc/pam.d/sshd (PrintLastLog=yes by default).
- Added "--without" logic to *_askpass build.
- 3.0.2p1, updated our and Owl's patches.
- Added libpam_userpass support.
- Updated faq.
- Dropped make-ssh-known-hosts.
- Moved socket fchowning to socketcred.
- Updated faq.
- authorized_keys2 IP based access control restriction checking fix.
- Updated to 2.9p2.
- Merged in some third-party patches (including owl and rh).
- Added /etc/profile.d/ssh-askpass.* files.
- openssh-clients no longer requires openssh-askpass to be installed.
- Fixed build with new imake.
- Fixed typo in readconf.c (use id_dsa again, #35).
- Use major part of OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER.
- Minor fixes from RH.
- Fixed typo made in recent merge.
- 2.5.2p2 release.
- Added "ssh-agent -u" feature.
- 2.5.1p2 release.
- Added two new options for sshd.
- 2.5.1p1 release.
- Merged all patches into single unified patch.
- Updated socket chowning patch.
- Fixed auth-options reset time.
- Fixed setting PAM rhost.
- Workaround for xauth bug.
- Rewritten ssh-copy-id script.
- Updated ssh-copy-id.1 manpage.
- Patched ssh-keygen to properly use dsa mode when necessary.
- Updated x11-ssh-askpass version 1.1.1.
- Applied TransmitInterlude patch.
- Enabled PasswordAuthentication by default for client and server.
- Rebuilt with db2.
+ our patches.
+ pam configuration.
- Fixed (by Nalin Dahyabhai ):
+ ssh-add to try to add both identity and id_dsa,
and to error only when neither exists;
+ Set the default path to be the same as the one supplied
by /bin/login, but also add /usr/X11R6/bin;
+ try to handle obsoletion of ssh-server more cleanly.
- Automatically added BuildRequires.
- Use update-alternatives for askpass-* packages.
+ rescp script;
+ moved keygen calls to sshd.init (now generate keys at runtime);
+ made building of X11-askpass and gnome-askpass optional;
+ removed autorestart of the server after upgrade.
- Changed StrictHostKeyChecking parameter in ssh_config from "yes" to "ask".
- Added usage to ssh-copy-id script.
- configure/bash bug workaround.
- Use FHS-compatible macros.
+ xauth bug;
+ shutdown typo;
+ rescp script from Solar;
+ TCP/IP sockets belong to user;
+ configurable software version as it will be reported to peer;
+ restricted forwarding;
+ permitted keys in system directory.
- RE and Fandra adaptions.
- Updated for new location
- Updated for new gnome-ssh-askpass build
- Added Jim Knoble's askpass
- Split subpackages further based on patch from jim knoble
- Added 'Obsoletes' directives
- Use make install
- Added links for slogin
- Fixed perms on manpages
- Renamed init script
- Back to old binary names
- Use autoconf
- New binary names
- Initial RPMification, based on Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak's spec.