- Refuse to change password for different logged in user by default
- passwd -d: clarify the meaning of delete option (closes: #34906).
- passwd -S: support detection of modern encryption modes (by vt@).
- NMU: added URL.
- /usr/sbin/passwd: always check seteuid return code.
- passwd.8: fixed NAME section for whatis (Closes: #21238)
- Reduced macro abuse in specfile.
- passwd.1: Cleaned up, updated references.
- Added summary to control script.
- Link using --as-needed option to avoid linking with unused libraries.
- Fixed build with new Linux-PAM.
- Enhanced usage and help output.
- passwd utility: initialize system logger.
- passwd wrapper: use program_invocation_short_name
instead of __progname.
- Instructed RPM to not verify permissions and group ownership
of files which are controlled via control(8) facility.
- Fixed build on x86_64 platform.
- Updated manpage and control script.
- passwd(8): use help2man to generate manpage from template.
- wrapper: deal with compilation warnings produced by -W.
- Fixed build with OpenPAM.
- Added Linux-PAM/OpenPAM multi-build support.
- PAM configuration policy enforcement.
- Be more verbose about username we are changing auth information for.
- Support "traditional" and "tcb" settings for permissions on
/usr/bin/passwd and /etc/pam.d/passwd (Owl).
- Keep passwd at mode "restricted" in the package, but default it
to "tcb" in %post when the package is first installed.
This avoids a race and fail-open behavior (inspired by Owl).
- Added control support for passwd.
- Rewritten root passwd wrapper.
- Switched to tcb.
- Updated pam configuration.
- Rebuilt to get more dependencies.
- Merged with RH (release 7).
- passwd have been split into
+ /usr/bin/passwd - privileged utility for users;
+ /usr/sbin/passwd - unpriviliged utility for administrator.
The code of /usr/bin/passwd is rewrite of passwd utility
from SimplePAMApps package.
There are two diffirent manpages for these utilities now.
- Added progname patch.
- Merged with RH (release 4).
- RE adaptions.
- Fandra adaptions
- first build from the new source code base.