Built: over 7 years ago
Size: 186 KB
Home page: http://gna.org/projects/pdbv
Summary: Pdbv output a HTML view of a RPM or dpkg database
Pdbv output a HTML view of a RPM or dpkg database. Its modular design
allows easy addition of others package management database and export
format (as xml).
Why using it:
- it does not require lucid/gtk+/qt or other big libs.
- it does not require a web server - but it can be used with a web
server, as any other html files.
- it does not require a X server running, you can use a text mode
browser that support frames as links.
- it does not require special privileges to access to the output. But
access can be restricted by using chmod/chown (filesystem) or .htaccess
- since output is generated by a cronjob, access to the output is as
fast as your computer is able to read/serve text files.
Why not using it:
- it's purpose is not to manage packages installed.
- since output is generated by a cronjob, informations are dated, and
can be outdated if the database change very frequently. Note that with
the 2.x.x series, the cronjob should be hourly.
You can see demos at http://dl.gna.org/pdbv/demo_html/
List of contributors:
- Fixed build
- Removed paths to buildroot
- Version 2.0.11