Built: over 1 year ago
Size: 48.8 KB
Home page: http://pear.php.net/package/Translation2
Summary: Class for multilingual applications management
This class provides an easy way to retrieve all the strings for a
multilingual site from a data source (i.e. db).
The following containers are provided, more will follow:
- PEAR::DB_DataObject (experimental)
It is designed to reduce the number of queries to the db, caching the
results when possible.
An Admin class is provided to easily manage translations (add/remove a
language, add/remove a string).
Currently, the following decorators are provided:
- CacheLiteFunction (for file-based caching)
- CacheMemory (for memory-based caching)
- DefaultText (to replace empty strings with their keys)
- ErrorText (to replace empty strings with a custom error text)
- Iconv (to switch from/to different encodings)
- Lang (resort to fallback languages for empty strings)
- SpecialChars (replace html entities with their hex codes)
- UTF-8 (to convert UTF-8 strings to ISO-8859-1)
List of contributors:
- new version 2.0.4 (with rpmrb script)
- initial build for ALT Linux Sisyphus (with pear make-rpm-spec)