Package gettext: Information
- Source package:
- Build time:
- Jul 18, 2021, 10:39 PM in the task #279621
- Home page:
- GNU libraries and utilities for producing multi-lingual messages
The GNU gettext provides a set of tools and documentation for producing multi-lingual messages in programs. Tools include a set of conventions about how programs should be written to support message catalogs, a directory and file naming organization for the message catalogs, a runtime library which supports the retrieval of translated messages, and stand-alone programs for handling the translatable and the already translated strings. Gettext provides an easy to use library and tools for creating, using, and modifying natural language catalogs and is a powerful and simple method for internationalizing programs. This package contains gettext and ngettext utilities. If you would like to internationalize or incorporate multi-lingual messages into programs that you're developing, you should install gettext-tools.
- List of rpms provided by this srpm:
- gettext-doc (noarch)gettext-tools-python (noarch)
- List of contributors:
July 1, 2021 Dmitry V. Levin 0.21-alt1
- 0.20.2 -> 0.21 (closes: #31007).
June 30, 2021 Dmitry V. Levin 0.20.2-alt4
- Backported tests fixes from gnulib to fix FTBFS.
May 3, 2021 Dmitry V. Levin 0.20.2-alt3
- Fixed FTBFS by adding rpm-build-python3 to BuildRequires.