Package snort: Information
- Source package:
- Build time:
- Apr 20, 2021, 03:47 PM in the task #270331
- Home page:
- An intrusion detection system
Snort is a libpcap-based packet sniffer/logger which can be used as a lightweight network intrusion detection system. It features rules based logging and can perform protocol analysis, content searching/matching and can be used to detect a variety of attacks and probes, such as buffer overflows, stealth port scans, CGI attacks, SMB probes, OS fingerprinting attempts, and much more. Snort has a real-time alerting capabilty, with alerts being sent to syslog, a seperate "alert" file, or as a WinPopup message via Samba's smbclient. Please see the documentation in /usr/share/doc/snort-220.127.116.11
- List of rpms provided by this srpm:
- snort-doc (noarch)
- List of contributors:
April 19, 2021 Slava Aseev 18.104.22.168-alt1
- update to 22.214.171.124 - apply libtirpc patch from gentoo
Feb. 21, 2019 Mikhail Efremov 126.96.36.199-alt3
- Drop remnants of bloat subpackage from spec. - README-ALT.ru.m4: Drop inline from doc. - Drop inline subpackages. - Drop obsoleted configure options. - Fix some compiler warnings. - Use _unpackaged_files_terminate_build. - Don't use deprecated PreReq for alternatives. - Fix build: add rpm-macros-alternatives to BR. - Fix BR: use BuildRequires(pre) for rpm-build-licenses.
Dec. 14, 2015 Mikhail Efremov 188.8.131.52-alt2
- Drop libnet from BR.