Package update-kernel: Information
- Source package:
- Build time:
- Feb 9, 2023, 11:12 AM in the task #314923
- Home page:
- Update kernel and modules
This package contains a script to conveniently update kernel and modules. It operates by installing a new package set in conjunction with your existing kernel, ensuring that you do not lose the ability to boot your reliable old kernel. By default, it searches for the most recent package of the same flavor (e.g. "std-def") and aims to install all the same modules that are already installed for that flavor. This is recommended way of upgrading kernel for ALT Linux.
- List of rpms provided by this srpm:
- update-kernel (noarch)
- List of contributors:
Feb. 9, 2023 Vitaly Chikunov 1.5-alt1
- Rephrase some messages. Small speedup improvement. Add Url.
Oct. 5, 2022 Vitaly Chikunov 1.4-alt3
- Add simple bash_completion support.
Oct. 4, 2022 Vitaly Chikunov 1.4-alt2
- Add update-kernel(8) man page (Anton Shevtsov, ALT#43934).