Package util-linux: Information
- Source package:
- Build time:
- Oct 15, 2022, 06:12 PM in the task #308470
- GPL-2.0 and GPL-2.0-or-later and LGPL-2.1-or-later and BSD-3-Clause and BSD-4-Clause-UC and ALT-Public-Domain
- A collection of basic system utilities
The util-linux package contains a large variety of low-level system utilities that are necessary for a Linux system to function. Among others, Util-linux contains the fdisk configuration tool and the login program.
- List of rpms provided by this srpm:
- bash-completion-util-linux (noarch)util-linux-control (noarch)
- List of contributors:
Oct. 15, 2022 Alexey Gladkov 2.38.1-alt1
- New version (2.38.1) (fixes: CVE-2023-0563).
Jan. 25, 2022 Alexey Gladkov 2.37.3-alt2
- Set restricted execution mode to mount/umount/write by default.
Jan. 24, 2022 Alexey Gladkov 2.37.3-alt1
- New version (2.37.3). - Security fixes: + CVE-2021-3995: This issue is related to parsing the /proc/self/mountinfo file allows an unprivileged user to unmount other user's filesystems that are either world-writable themselves or mounted in a world-writable directory. + CVE-2021-3996: Improper UID check in libmount allows an unprivileged user to unmount FUSE filesystems of users with similar UID.